uk Services




Uk health and care worker Visa

Training. Advice. Job Offer.

The Health and Care Worker Visa can lead to settlement in the UK after 5 years and applicants can be joined by dependent partners and children. Care workers can work in a care home, in people’s own homes or in the community. There are no prescribed qualifications to become a care worker but at GlobalVista we ensure that you receive the right training and accreditation for the job you wish to apply for. We assist you in finding vacancies that match your expectations and training. We can help you with planning to ensure that you meet your start date and ensure that your career progression will fit your immigration goals.


To qualify for a Care Worker Visa

Job Offer

Job offer from a UK health and care sector employer that has been approved by the Home Office


Applicants must present a valid ‘Certificate of Sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered, and a criminal record clearance certificate, if working with vulnerable people. GlobalVista will advise you on how to obtain each of these.


Meet the English language requirement (IELTS 4.0). 

Salary & Funds

Meet the required salary threshold. GlobalVista will only introduce you two are partner employers and agencies that offer this minimum threshold so you don’t have to worry. 

You also must have sufficient funds to support yourself before your full salary.


Health and Care Worker visa applicants and their dependants are exempt from paying the Immigration Health Charge.

Don’t Settle For Less

Why we’re different from other HR and Immigration Consultancies 

We are much more than your regular HR or immigration agency. At GlobalVista we work with our care and training partners to source the best quality positions in care homes or residences whilst ensuring all potential candidates have the required level of training and standards to deliver the best quality care for those people in need. 

Our Holistic Care Worker Visa Solution


We will assess your CV and guide you on what role would be best suited to your skillset, experience and/or qualifications. 


We  will give you the necessary certified training you will need to start your career in the UK as a Care Worker, BEFORE you apply for jobs. This gives you the best chance of securing a Job Offer and Sponsorship from an Employer. It also gives our Employer Partners confidence that you have the right skillset to deliver excellence in the quality of care you provide. 

Job Sourcing

In order to apply for a Health and Care Worker visa you will need a job offer from the UK. We work with some of the most trusted and professional care sector employers and agencies in the UK. Our dedicated Job Support team will advise you on the best employer to apply to, and we’ll be there to assist you with any questions during the application procedure. 

Job Roles

What kind of roles are on offer? 

You could work with lots of different people including adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, substance misuse issues, mental health conditions and older people. 

Your role might include:

  • supporting people with social and physical activities

  • booking and going with people to appointments

  • helping with personal care such as support with showering and dressing

  • supporting people with eating and drinking

  • monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking their temperature, pulse, respiration and weight, and possibly helping with medication

Post-Visa Considerations

Once you've secured your visa, what about about the future?

The Health and Care Worker Visa is valid for a minimum of three years and a maximum of five years. Your Certificate of Sponsorship will state for how long your employer is sponsoring you.


You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements and have the same job as when you were given your permission to enter the UK.


You cannot change jobs or employers unless you update your visa. You will need to apply to update your Health and Care Worker visa if you want to change your job and your new job is with a different employer; or your job changes to a different occupation code, and you are not in a graduate training programme; or if you leave a job that is on the shortage occupation list for a job that is not included on the list.


You will be able to apply for an Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after five years in the Health and Care Worker Visa category. This visa gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

Latest News

Salary Threshold Cut

There is an acute shortage of people in the care sectors. So recent Government relaxation of employment regulations means that it is now more feasible for UK care sector employers to hire from a global pool. So now you can be part of solution to address the needs of an ageing population. 

Contact us for a FREE video consultation with our UK team.